Friday, January 30, 2009

ouch

yesterdy was an early morning by choice. our room got up at 6:45, did an early workout session and whatever else. but then it occured to us somehow. we wanted to be GANGsters all day. we did just that. now, when i say gangsters its a lot more along the lines of white trash. most of us wearing beaters with ballin sunglasses, maybe headphones, definitly some bandana's goin on, sweatbands, pants that didnt' even touch our butts...you get the idea. we even found a couple of airsoft guns we stuck in our pants. aaaannndddd of course my watch with the tin foil grill to match. it was fun. once everyone outside our room realized that we deemed it gangster day, many followed suite.

i'm waayyy into 24. can't believe it happened but i did it. its real good.

most of you know perhaps, but another thing that happened yesterday was that my laptop broke. it got bumped off my desk by a student and won't start up. i'm having it looked at. major inconvenience though.

i was just starting to feel healthy again today. i was workin out, wasn't burdened by any serious injury, we got the rink back in shape so i was looking forward to hockey. that is up until this afternoon. I went snowboarding. We just went for a couple hours and it was going well at first. we were mostly riding parks. it was about 3:15 (mountain closes at 4) when we were in this one park were i threw a back 3 on the last booter. i slid out but had enough space to cut over to hit a rail at the bottom of the park. bad idea. i tried to tail press it but slipped off. the rail was high enough where my board didn't make contact with the ground during the fall, it was all me. i feel onto my hip/side. at first when i was sitting there i was sort of in shock, but i also realized i needed to get up. so i rode the rest of the way (not far) crouched down to the lift where 4 or 5 others were waiting. i told them that i had just bailed pretty hard and that i felt quite naseuas. i thought perhaps i was just shaken up and needed to sit. i was going to meet them at starbucks at 4 once it closed. i hobbled over to a bench by the lift after insisting they leave, but then things got wierder. my vision begun to fog over and everything became very very bright. i couldn't see anything but blobs representing people. i couldn't focus my sight, and i couldn't focus my hearing either. everything seemed muffled and distant. i was in pain and still felt sick. i probably sat there for a good 10 minutes or so trying to catch my breath and get cleared up but to no avail. obviously by now i realized i was in trouble and couldn't get down th mountain on my own, so i got the attention of a lifty. he called in some first aid peeps. first thing they did after a couple questions was hit me with oxygen which helped clear up my senses and sickness. i think i just about passed out but fortunately stayed concious. then they strapped me down and sledded me back to the clinic. after checkin me out they were sort of insisting i should have it further examination done by the doctor but i told them that unless my insurance somehow cleared i couldn't do it. it would have costed me hundreds. i laid for another 30 mins or so before they helped me to my feet. the pain was just amazing. they gave me four iboprofen. she wasn't supposed to but she gave em to me anyways cause she was convinced i needed them. there were ride complications too cause we were supposed to meet long ago. finally tracked each other down. got back home. decided not to go to the hospital tonite.

i think i'm fine. its just a piss-off. i'm crippled again for however long. worst case i might have damaged some ligements or chipped the top part of my hip. my pee isn't bloody which is good. if its unbearable in the next day or two i will go. more than anything i'm just curious as to what happened, you know? cause everyone asks, and i got nothin. "i hurt my hip. it was crazy". i'm on a bunch of pain killers. i'm kind of loopy and can't stop giggling (which just hurts it more) so i dunno how i'm doing. we'll see tomorrow.

jim jim

1 comment:

Jeph Maags said...

you know how to wreck yourself boarding man. i remember that wicked bruise you had years ago. hope you're already. i know most people will probably read this and say, get to a hospital, but i understand where you're coming from with the whole medical coverage thing. hope you're ok buddy. hey, what season of 24 are you on. tell your sister she needs to get into that too! i caught up this past year, so im watching the season on tv right now, pretty good so far. season 3 is still my fav though. take care buddy.