Friday, September 26, 2008

Alright, time to update again. I set the tempo a little high on the blog-rate I think. Its been harder to find time and computers (and energy) to sit down, but I’ll try to do it every 2 or 3 days still. Also, for those of you who haven’t looked yet, I add new photos from here at school usually at least once a week.

so this past Monday was kind of an off day, and we went and played a huge game of ultimate Frisbee. I’m not that big on ultimate Frisbee but boy do I like to yell, so that’s basically what I contributed to my team. I also pulled like both my leg muscles so I could hardly run. During the course of the game I got shouldered in the mouth, and then elbowed again in the throat. It was terrible. In fact It was hard to swallow for the rest of the day. That’s just the way things roll around here. If things are normal, you’re hurting and you don’t get time to recover.

Tuesday I was a lumberjack all afternoon. It was pretty sweet wielding a chainsaw and lifting 300 lb logs. Manliest of man duties I reckon. We had classes all this week by a guest speaker on the book of John. I can’t stand class.

we went long boarding again on a crazy hill this week and got clocked at 37 mph. two guys spilled and got wrecked up. Soo much road rash. Probably 40% of our male population is notably maimed from crashes. Yesterday I was at the skatepark and bruised my wrist, and mildly hyper-extended my right knee. I must have just really stretched some stuff in there or something cause I can’t straighten it. So that sucks.

today we went climbing at some cliffs, I’ll post some pics. It was hard with my body so beat up but it was fun.

remember me complaining about not having headphones? Well I got some. They are called “Skull Candy” and retail at 85$, but I got em for 35$ brand new after shipping. I can’t speak highly enough about these headphones. They are just earbuds (which I normally don’t support) but they puuummmpp. It feels like there is a system in your ears, and it isn’t ridiculous like bass for the sake of bass, it’s an ideal mix. So good. And I found my headlamp that was missing.

the workout thing isn’t going so well. We do climbing and then abs pretty often, a few of us, but I can’t run because of my bum knee. And I was eating soooo much so now I’m starting to slow down. I’m so sick of a mediocre and slightly overweight body type. I hate not knowing if I’m making progress (without a scale), but it sure doesn’t feel like it.

oh, I’m also gunna post some pics of the fox. He ate out of our hand this week. we were feeding him honeycomb.

I’m going to Denver tomorrow to hang out with some ravencrest people (that is the other torchbearer bible college in Colorado). Then at night we’re doing sumo wrestling back at the lodge. I guess they are renting those suites. Sunday is another event thingy in Denver. Too lazy to describe it. Maybe I’ll update about it if its exciting.

I went out for coffee with my principle the other day for almost 3 hours. I was completely honest with him about my thoughts and the way I feel. I can’t believe how he treated it. As well as he could of for sure. He was so supportive and even though he was concerned he wasn’t at all worried or controlling about it. That was just incredible. But since then I still waiver even a couple times a day about how I feel toward my spiritual future. I’m still virtually flat-lined, but there has been at least trace amounts of progress. I find its still for the wrong reasons. I don’t want it for me, but I consider having it for others. Only time will tell.

catch up soon again my friends.

jimmy.

No comments: