Wednesday, April 8, 2009

dream on dreamer

I'm sorry about that last post. hopefully only few of you read. if you don't know what i'm talking about its because i deleted it. all is well on that subject. its been as resolved as it will ever be and i have peace about it. so fear not for me or for those others who are involved.

i'm doing great.

i'm trying to transition to a lighter topic, but first i want to encourage you. think of what you're thankful for. your wife? your health? your intellegence that allows you to earn money and function well? your passions? really think about it today or whenever you read this. maybe you have exams going on, or some stupid deadlines or crap to clean up at work...before you focus in and become single minded on the various trials in your life, take a step back and think of what you have. I'm thankful for my parents and my family. i'm thankful for this past year. i'm thankful for my strengths and weaknesses, and the way that i was made. i'm thankful for dreams and opportunities, and the freedom to go after what you want. i don't think any of us are fighting wars, we're not faced with a terminal desease, we're not starving or handicapped, we are blessed. take a moment today and remember that.




I got thinking about some of my dreams. they're a bit silly and i doubt you relate to them all, but i love thinking about it.

I seriously miss golf. maybe even more than that i miss what golf represents. getting away on a Sunday afternoon with a few good friends, sippin on an extremely over-priced Ale, and maybe pullin on a very cheap cigar. hah. so high school. i remember i used to sometimes bring speakers out with me and put it in the cart so that we could listen to some peaceful instrumental music as we went, just to add to the significance. I loved golfing with friends, but i loved golfing by myself too when i used to work at the golf course. i would go out in the evenings during the week when it was pretty slow or i would go off the back nine if it was slower back there. i would throw on some worship or peaceful music, and just go after it by myself. it was such a positive escape. i would finish nine holes in a clean 60 minutes, no problem. on some occasions i wouldn't even take off my bag from my back. i would just walk up on the green, withdraw my appropriate weapon and finish up. i'd never keep a scorecard but just keep track with +/- scores in my head. i loved it.

my dream someday is to play in a league with many friends while drinking better beers and smoother ciagrs. I'd have a great set of clubs, whatever set I'd like. I would walk sometimes cause i like the excercise, but i feel like it affects my game, so I'd play often with carts. i'm not talkin just any course. i wanna someday be a member of a private course where the carts have GPS systems in them with a course layout and indicates exact distances to the hole and other relevant information. I'd get free range access, free club cleaning, an amazing clubhouse, incredible service...i'd love to be a part of that community. Golf is just such a gentleman's sport. you dress well, you tuck in your shirts, you treat the game and the people with proper etiquite. most of us who have played golf think immediately, "yea but those people are all pricks from what i've observed". I think they mostly just think that of kids. we're not kids anymore, and I'm a respectable golf player, not a hack. you're in paradise on the course, so why be upset about anything?! i'd do what i could too associate myself with positive groups.

actually i kind of miss sports in general. i wish i had hit puberty earlier so i would have been more involved in sports when i grew up. i'm thankful i played baseball, and i know my parents tried to put me in hockey and stuff but i hated it. i wouldn't have made it anyways so i guess its no biggie. but i wanna join some pick up hockey when i get home, and playing beach volleyball in a league would be primp too.

I'd also love to join a top of the line gym. the kind of gym with a spa in it...and massages! I think it'd be really cool to be in some yoga classes to increase flexibility/range of motion and strengthen your core. it might also be sweet to do like, some boxing related stuff. you stay in really good shape doing that, plus, its pretty masculine. it would be a super clean gym, have the best equipment, have a sweet protein shake bar on site to sit and have one afterward. it would have a pool too. apperently swimming is one of the best thing you can do for yourself in terms of cardio because its utterly exhausting and there isn't the impact on your knees and back like running. it's a great social network too. you meet tons of cool people, and they would be disciplined people who are concious of their fitness too.

this one won't connect with many of you, but it sort of runs in my veins. i want to play high stakes poker, and have it be within my means based on my bankroll. as well it would be a dream come true to someday play in the World Series of Poker. some of you like poker, some of you could care less, but for whatever reason i LOVE poker. its a dangerous passion. i haven't really gotten into trouble with it yet. the other problem is that i know i can win. i wish i would have kept track of all my winnings and losses on the computer or something, but i know i probably netted a couple grande over the entire course of my poker experience. anyways. someday maybe you'll see me on ESPN at the final table.

I want to be a season ticket owner of a professional sports team. i don't really care about most sports except for football. the rest i'm kind of indifferent, like, i would go to and watch any of them but i don't know if i could regularilly go to and follow games. problem is, Canada doesn't have any professional football teams so I'd have to live in Windsor to make it work. but how sweet would that be? get season tickets for a box seat in ford field? it's a gorgeous facility. you'd get served food, it has a bar right in it, comfy spacious seating, internet and t.v.'s in the box to keep up on stats or replays and stuff on demand. that would be BALLIN. why do i get the feeling that life requires a more realistic take on things than what i've been mentioning? i don't know why i think that because i know its totally possible to acheive and attain whatever it is you're passionate about. I'm not certain how to get there. i just took a year off. i have a skill set in business i guess but i don't have a foundation for a career, i'm sort of just floundering. i'm assuming the answer is simply action and amazingly hard work. dad, any of those things i just mentioned would be an awesome common ground for you and i! i know you like golf. you've always appreciated it, you just need some practice or lessons. i know you appreciate your health, you're generally quite active. i know you love sports...maybe i could teach you how to indulge a bit more somewhere down the road. hehe.

J.R.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.